Plasterboard and Insulation Q : Replace Polystyrene

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey :)

Apologies if in the wrong place I cant seem to find a insulation section, its seems split between here and flooring. roof etc

Background :

Old House 1901 : Presumed was sandstone, but now appears to be just 1 wall and part of the gable ends , the back and gable are harled.

Was attempting to sort and level the landing floor on a stair case leading to back door as it was sloping and discovered a gap( see images,)
I had presumed the studs were going to be on the wall..?

I presume this is for airflow, there are vents on the outside walls.

But will will looking to install new plasterboard and proper insulation throughout the ground floor.

Query :

What would be the recommended plasterboard and insulation in this case, main concern is heat retention and moisture..
we live in a damp area and moisture does build up a lot in the house... tackling with dehumidifier and will be installing external kitchen vent.

I was thinking rockwool, but wont this just fall out the back? (Excuse my ignorance, slow educating myself in DIY are correctly as possible )
Plasterboard in the kitchen seems to foil backed.

Thanks for your patience and and any advice .

Attachments

• walls1.png
    walls1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
  • walls2.png
    walls2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
  • walls3.png
    walls3.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back