advice on installing insulated plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When installing insulated board on a wall with window and door reveals, do you:

1. plasterboard wals first and window / door reveals second or
2. plasterboard window/door reveals first and wall second?

Obviously i'll need to cut the insulation off the back of one of the boards so i can butt it up to one another.

Also, because there is a boiler on the wall and i won't have enough space to fit insulated board behind the pipes, how would you deal with this situation? Would you just come as close to the pipes as possible (with the plasterboard) and leave the bare brick behind the pipes? It will be boxed in eventually once kitchen is done.

because i'll need to seal the plasterboard on this edge, would you just use expanding foam to seal it all in where the board comes to near the pipes?
cheers

Sponsored Links
I don't think it makes any difference, and yes. :D

your external corners will have beads on . so you can do them either way round or at the same time .

Sponsored Links
your external corners will have beads on . so you can do them either way round or at the same time .

yep - just trying to work out which way is easier as i need to cut some insulation off the back of one of the boards to butt the other one up to it...

or, it would make life easier if i can board as oer normal board (although i assume plaster wouldn't stick to the exposed insulation on the board?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back