Plasterboard Ceiling Levelling advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After an insulation project in my bedroom I've re-boarded the ceiling with 12.5mm board to find that one of the joists is sitting exactly 1 cm high. IE if I put a long sprit level across from the neighbouring joists there is a 1cm gap.

Will this show after its been plastered? I'll take it back down if I have to and pack it out but it will be a bit tricky especially as there is celotex under the joists which is all foil taped etc.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't lose any sleep over 10mm myself, I've seen a lot worse than that which were barely noticeable. And the bigger the ceiling the less it will matter.

you could fill it in and rule it off with bonding, in a perfect world it would be packed with a fillet of timber.

If your plasterer is any good he'll lose that for you without batting a eyelid, just point out its there when he comes to price up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. I wanted to insulate the floor yesterday but I couldn't get the tongue and groove floorboards up so rather than giving up I corrected this.

Used plywood strips and its as good as perfect now. Felt like a bit of waste of time but I didn't want to look up every time always wishing I'd done it.

You have done the right thing, after all, you know where it is and would be looking at it all the time and it would get on your goat, well it would with me anyway.

You have done the right thing, after all, you know where it is and would be looking at it all the time and it would get on your goat, well it would with me anyway.

And you don't even live there!!

:D

I'd be the same, if you know it's there, it stands out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back