Plasterboard in Velux window recesses

DJM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having insulated the old loft conversion properly I have been putting up plasterboard prior to get the plasterers in.

Now I want to make it as easy as possible, so not sure the best way to board around Velux window recesses. Rather than try and describe what I mean I have knocked up a simple sketch of the two options. I have assumed the first as it allows the plasterers to fit simple angle beads without worrying about the angle not being 90 degrees.

Opinions welcome

Sponsored Links
Option number 2 - a splayed reveal. Simple to fix and skim, and allows more light.

Well that certainly would be easier for me, but the reason I thought that simply splayed would be a problem is the corner protection and angle beads.

A bit more work for mto make it easier for the plasterer is OK. But if I really dont need to worry about the corners being 90 degrees (nearly) then I happy to splay it.

I guess there is no difference between an American and an UK aproach to this type of reveal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back