Preparing for artex removal with new skylights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm about to install two Velux windows between trusses in my kitchen, creating plasterboard light shafts around them. Once done I plan to have a plasterer knock down and skim over the artex in the rest of the kitchen ceiling.

I'd like to keep the costs low and the job as easy as possible for the plasterer.

I was originally planning to tape and joint the plasterboard in the light shafts (as I know how to do that, and although the sanding is no fun, I can't plaster myself), but on reflection I guess there's no point to doing this if the plasterer is coming out to skim anyway (?)

How should I prepare the joint where the vertical boards in the light shafts meet the existing artexed ceiling? I was thinking to use square edged board and apply metal mesh angle beads.

Is there anything else I should do to make the job easier?

Thanks in advance,

John

Sponsored Links
Just but the board up/square off at the edges and let the plasterer bead it. Sometimes there’s a bit of adjustment with roof light reveals to get all the angles right, which can dictate exactly what bead and where it goes, and he’ll know what to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back