plasterboard joins and screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
ive had my ceilings ripped down, and new ones put on. we have screwed them in. question is before i get this skimmed do i need to cover the screw heads with any sort of filler before getting them skimmed???

also before i put the tape joins on, where i have some minor gaps should i fill them in first with some sort of filler before putting the tape join on, perhaps bonding??

Sponsored Links
If you're going to have the ceiling skimmed anyway, the minor gaps and screw-heads would be taken care of by the plasterer at the time...If you are doing the plastering yourself and think it will make the job easier for you by filling them in, then just use a filler, enough to flush it off, plaster will do the rest

Roughcaster.

No need to put anything on screw heads, just make sure they are below the surface the plaster will do the rest. No need to fill joints just put scrim over them. I usually put a coat of skim over my joints then scrim tape it, but I work on an hourly rate most of the time so I can take my time with the "prep" work.. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back