plasterboard 'paper'loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a tiny bit of water damage, not even a stain, to our ceiling. This has caused the paper at a join to droop for about 4". Can I simply squeeze paper glue into the drrop and stick back up? Is thier likley to be bare plaster board directly under the paper (which may stop the paper glue from beinig effective? House is about 6 yrs old.
Cheers
Dave

Sponsored Links
This is a question for the builders or plasterers, we're plumbers. Should work but can't guarantee as I've never tried it. What caused the water damage and is it fixed?

Wrong forum really. However, can't be sure what's under the paper but would guess skimcoat of plaster on plasterboard - although am surprised that new building has paper on ceiling. You should be able to repair by the manner you suggest, but allow the paste to soak into the paper for 5 mins or so to make more supple prior tobrushing or sponging back into place.

Good luck

you are sometimes better off peeling the delaminated area away altogether. apply a couple of coats of pva, one weak coat and one at 4:1.

then re-skim. keep your eye on it as it may still try to craze.

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys your are correct...wrong forum.
Thanks for the advice I'll try some of your ideas.

Subject closed...Cheers
Dave

This is a question for the builders or plasterers, we're plumbers. Should work but can't guarantee as I've never tried it. What caused the water damage and is it fixed?

Muggles...guy who laid the bathroom floor tiles didn't finish off behind the sink so when I cut the pipes to the taps to fit a a couple of in-line shut off valves, water leaked down the pipes, despite my well placed oily rag, and onto the ceiling below. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back