plasterboarding round steel lintel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to plasterboard around a steel lintel what can i use to stick the board to the steel

Sponsored Links
Is it a conventional Catnic type lintel (underside only) or a steel I/C beam.

just get some board adhesive
He’s got it; although I prefer to use a trade grab adhesive on steel lintels rather than drywall adhesive. Dab a double layer of boards up, it helps prevent a cold spot.

Sponsored Links
i normally glue chocs of wood on the inside of the lintel and screw to them filling the spaces inbetween with rockwool. to sort the underneath out i use gripfill or something of the like.

i normally glue chocs of wood on the inside of the lintel and screw to them filling the spaces inbetween with rockwool. to sort the underneath out i use gripfill or something of the like.
It'a a catnic type lintel not a C or I beam.

sorry for that bigbob i took the "plaster around" to be around an I beam, if it's just a normal lintel then i would still go for the gripfill.

sorry for that bigbob i took the "plaster around" to be around an I beam, if it's just a normal lintel then i would still go for the gripfill.
Sorry, just noticed bigbob never actually said which lintel type it is :confused: so your answer is still good. ;)

if using gripfill etc you may want to support the board nice and tight overnight

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back