Plasterboards on slats instead of joists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I've started installing some plasterboards on my hall ceiling and after consulting some websites I found out that I should screw them up to the joists. The problem is that , because I didn;t know the difference between joists and slats, I think I screwed the plasterboards on both :)
I'm not really keen in taking them down so I was thinking to find out where the joists are , add some screws to the already installed plasterboards where the joists are, and then screw the new plasterboards to the correct joists. Is that something sensible to do or shall I really take the plasterboards down and start again?

the other thing is that I didn't put them up perpendicular to the joists but that's because the hall in that point is really narrow and I wanted to use less plasterboards as possible, is that a problem?

cheers
Simone

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back