Plastered Ceiling Is This Acceptable?

Sponsored Links
Not at all.

That is a joke if its done by a pro. I would get them back to sort it out. Should be smooth like glass

Even as an amateur I can get a much better finish than that. Hope you didn't pay him.

I did unfortunately, does the whole ceiling need skimming again?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it all looks like that then the obvious answer is yes it does.

Did he have a dog and a white stick by any chance?

pcharles this is the 2nd dodgy ceiling you have shown us or is it the same ceiling as in your other post? if so why start another thread about it?

Its another ceiling, but yes sorry should have added to old thread.

Agreed its about as bad as cowboy plastering gets....

How big where the ceilings
How long did he take to do them
How much did u pay?

:LOL: :LOL:
not even a blind man would want to see that.

so are you saying youve had 1 ceiling done by a cowboy,then got another 1 done and got ripped off again??
if so,i feel for you m8. :eek:

ask around for recommendations,or go down your local cafe and ask around,surly someone will do a better job then what youve had.??

Is this person really masquerading as a plasterer? or is he a handyman.

Regardless, he should be ashamed of himself charging money for that.

Thanks guys, had the whole ouf our upstairs done 3 bedroom house done, all artex before wasnt cheap.

Just so I am 100% clear, I am right that a newly plastered ceiling should be ready to paint and I shouldnt have to sand/scrape or fill any holes and there should be no trowel marks, chips etc?

Thanks again.

You may get the odd blemish which requires a swipe over with a bit of sandpaper but not to the extent that you would need to do.

Generally a room is ready for painting after the spread.

Was the other rooms the same?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back