Plastered directly onto wooden stud

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok so I have a brick wall that has a timber 4x2 upright that makes the corner. Foolishly, at the end of a busy day I forgot to put a wire mesh over the 4x2 and put render directly onto the wall and over the 4x2. Then I finished with easy fill. Needless to say about a month later it cracked and now there is a full height crack from ceiling to floor. Put the property on the market today so it's essential I get it sorted asap. Is their any other solution other than taking the half inch of render off and completely re-doing it? Has anyone used sendable caulk?
Any help would be much appreciated:)

Sponsored Links
image.jpeg

If I were you I would put some tape over the crack and easyfill over that , then line the whole wall with a good thick lining paper, say 1200 or 1700 gauge. Be careful to lightly fill the gaps in the lining paper if it shrinks a tad, and repaint the wall.

Mike

Thanks Mike. A bit more long winded than I had hoped for but I think that is probably the only option.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back