Plasterer didn't tape joins

Steve, green or blue, let's call it turquoise. I taped the joins on the wall before putting the Bond-it on but not the corners where the walls meet the ceiling.
well let's hope there isent a lot of aggregate on the joints otherwise its hard to put the tape on I tape before, or if I do it after I make sure there is no aggregate just green around the edges lol yes green not turquoise bond it has a knickname and a lot of spreads just call it green

Sponsored Links
Interesting thread, but carl1t0, you say you plasterboarded the walls before your friend came to skim, but I'm surprised you didn't tape the joints as well at the same time as you were fixing the boards :eek: I bet you're sorry you didn't now :(. Are you sure you can't do the skimming yourself? How many attempts have you given it? Why not skim, and use a very very fine plaster to fill in the imperfections and then sound down? It's a far whack of work, but at least would be cheaper. I've done this before and managed to get a nice smooth finish, but now I'm trying to learn the correct way of plastering.
Straight forward on walls, but I wouldn't recommend tackling a ceiling though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back