plastering a huge wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have been plastering for a while now and have become pretty good at it. However i have never needed come across this prob before.
Basically i need to plaster a wall that is basically about 30 metres long and also runs up the stairs. There is no way i can get it done in one go and wondered whether how you can do it it sections.
I am just skimming it but thought that perhaps i could put strips (lengths) of say 3-4mm bits of wood along vertical drops almost like expansion joints and plaster up to them and then remove once dry and then carry on the skimming the next day.

Does that make sense?? The prob i see with that is that the wall, as it is such a long section will not necessarily be straight and then you will have these high spots sticking out.... any ideas.

Oh and while i am here, can any one suggest a good place to get a plasterers table (collapsible) if poss.

Thanks in advance

Dombe

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I would not put any sort of profile up but simply feather off wherever i finished. But not in a vertical line as unless you are skilled this will notice as the eye will follow. if you do it diagonally the eye doesn't easily pick up the line of any fault.....
When you start the next day wet down the feathered bit with water or weak PVA which makes it easer to do another feather over the first.

Regards,

Dunc

PS do you really mean 30 mts? That is a lot of plastering!! Also if you are fine skimming this is rarely more than 1-2 mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back