plastering a wall - plaster or dry line

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to get a wall plastered in the living room and have had a few quotes. Hardly any price difference but I've been offered a full plaster solution or dry lined (plasterboard stuck on wall then skimmed)

Is on better than the other? Is dry lined is less likey to crack??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You cant beat Float & Set no comparison realy.

Drylining will be cheaper and quicker and will dry faster allowing you to decorate.

Go the good old fashioned route and get a good plasterer to do it properly for you.

I've just had a useful response from Richard C on the General Building forum.

I'm still awaiting a "full replaster" quote, and this would have been the route I would have gone down, but the drylining option is becoming more attractive to me.

Sponsored Links
Float and set every time.

I don't go with the thought that dry lining is quicker especially when only one wall is being done. ! 1 day to float and set a wall pucker job. 1 day to dry line wall by time you've taped and jointed and sanded - ok job!

Only difference is that anyone can dryline only a spread can float and set!! Therefore may cost £50 more!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back