Plastering above hole in the wall fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are just about to install a hole in the wall type fire. I have already been told that the chimney breast is likely to get quite hot above the fire. Normal plaster may crack beacuase of the heat.
At the moment the wall is back to the brick ready to go. What would you recommend for this job.....would heat resistant plaster do it?

My father has already plastered the sides of the chimney breast and put in those strengthening metal strip corners. I dont really want to disturb these causing him more work

So my question is really what is the best way of going about this? Do we need to use a render before the heat proof plaster goes on (such as the ones on here http://www.purimachos.demon.co.uk/FIRE-CEMENT.htm)
or can we just plaster using heat reisitant plaster

Thanks for any advise

Sponsored Links
Actually Carlite Bonding is heat resistant due to the materials it is made of. I suppose it depends on the temps that we are talking about.

Alex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back