Plastering around a window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Shifted a small hall window up a few feet last week and now need to plaster around the new opening...my GF's old man was passing by the other day and he kindly hardwalled the inside for me :eek:
So ive never plastered before so im wondering what the steps are..the gf's father had a quick look @ it and said youd nearly do it in one go except around the head where there are new lintels.

Anyway...whats the procedure/mix and do i need to scud it before the base coat...its just regular plaster over block...nothing fancy.

I have some polybond sand and cement and regular plasticiser...i dont have lime but cant seem to see it anywhere in small quantities...do i need it even??

Anyway if someone could give me a quick speel on the procedure im sure ill manage OK esp as its in an out of the way spot!

pic here of the render.......

Marty

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back