Plastering Artex Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening everyone

I'm planning on plastering over some wonderful artex tomorrow, I've taken off the peaks making it reasonably smooth ready.

My question is this, my plastering skills is pretty limited to the multi finish on low suction keys, I have a few bags of bonding plaster I ordered my mistake. Can I use this as first coat on the artex then put multi on after? If so, do I still need to pva the artex?

My ceiling is about 2.5m x 2.5m

Sponsored Links
I recently skimmed a ceiling with a light artex pattern on it. It was curved on the sides and was quite big. So I went over it with a roller of "Unibond" (3-1) and let it pick up a bit (tacky), Then I went over it with a watered down Unibond (4-1 mix), And I had no problem with suction and it took me a few hours with messin about on steps and hop up's.. So you can try that way...even tho it's a small ceiling..

A few months ago I did a 1.5m x 1.5m, thought dead easy as I can do a decent sized wall in 20mins or so before the waiting game, so.. it's only a wall horizontally above me....

Put my back out for 3 days :cry:

Learn't my lesson!

I've got the broken leather pattern, it's about 3mm thick on the points. I'd have thought anything to do with artex must be breaking some kind of law somewhere o_O... The stuff should be banned

I'll pva the ceiling in the morning, do work elsewhere and return to it in the evening :(

I recently skimmed a ceiling with a light artex pattern on it. It was curved on the sides and was quite big. So I went over it with a roller of "Unibond" (3-1) and let it pick up a bit (tacky), Then I went over it with a watered down Unibond (4-1 mix), And I had no problem with suction and it took me a few hours with messin about on steps and hop up's.. So you can try that way...even tho it's a small ceiling..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back