plastering before electrician

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if I get a plasterer in to do my skim coat, how proud would he prefer my back boxes to be out of the dry lining / base plaster? Dead flush?

Cheers

Gary

Sponsored Links
the back boxes need to be either flush when skimmed or set back a little.

setting them back is a safe bet as sparkys can get longer screws anyhow.

Sponsored Links
I agree set back a little 5mm or so. Longer screws are the option for the socket. If you try and leave them flush sods law is that will be the part of the wall that protrudes the most. Setting them back a little lets the plasterers do their magic with out having to worry about your box depths, added to that as far as i am concerned there is no disadvantage.

Flush or back a few mm as long as they dont protrude, Nothing worse than skimming round them

Dont know what you plasterers problem is, you have only got to slap a bit of s**t on the wall and make it flat, my daughter does it with her dinner most nights.....

Joke by the way.

Hearing people talk about plastering make me laugh, they always say "yes that looks straight forward" untill they give it a go and there is more ripples in the wall than a fat birds bum. Hats of to you guys defo an art, the only plastering i would do is in a cupboard....lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back