Plastering internal angles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone give me any tips on how to get perfect internal angles between walls when plastering? I have a corner trowel but when I put pressure on to form the angle I always end up with a line down the wet wall.
Am I not putting enough plaster oon the trowel? pressing to hard??? i'm not sure. Also how do you not end up leaving a mess on the other wall?

Hope someone can give me some advice, Thanks.

Sponsored Links
try plastering opposite walls and let them go off before plastering the adjacent counterparts.

even seasoned spreads are reluctant to plaster "wet angles".

Great, but how do you get around (when using corner trowel) getting plaster all down the dry angle! Or do you do it when the plaster has firmed up but is not fully set?

give the dry angle a good flicking with water before you skim. you can then tidy up the corner with your trowel and brush.

don't go too mad with the brush and start fetching skim off.

Sponsored Links
Plastering wet angles is easy to a plasterer, it just takes a little time to master thats all. I found an excellent snippet on plastering internal angles, this guy knows what hes talking about. If you need help on plastering Internals then here is a link to it; Here

superspread

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back