Plastering Novice - PVA question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello plastering world!

I've just started doing an intro to plastering course at night school with a view to doing a further course in 2010 & hopefully gaining some practical experience at weekends with a plastering mate (I work full time at the mo).

I'm keen to learn the basics and have just erected a "practice wall" in the garage with plasterboard screwed & scrimmed to a wooded frame.

The idea is that I'll build up confidence on this wall prior to going for the real thing. However, once I've covered this wall with plaster and let it dry, can I simply PVA over (and if so what consistency) and start all over again or will I need to re-fix plasterboard each time?

Cheers

Seasider53

Sponsored Links
As others have mentioned on here before, you could use plywood,, and when you've finished practicing, just hit the ply gently with a hammer, and the plaster will come away fairly easy,,, ready for the next time.

Roughcaster.

You could skim back over it, with a dilute soloution of 4-1 water-PVA.
This will give you experience of re-skimming, but the ply board sounds a could tool too.

Form a 90 degree angle and practice corners too ,this will help and build your confidence.Good luck!

Sponsored Links
And find a wonky brick corner and learn about beading. You'll be amazed at what good results you can get.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back