Plastering over copper pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a shower and conceal the 15mm copper cold water supply pipe behind the tiles (at low level) and behind the plaster (at higher level). If I channel out the plaster, insert the pipe, then plaster over the pipe, should I put something over the pipe first (like you do if you're plastering over cable), and if so, what? I'm concerned that any expansion or contraction in the pipe will crack the plaster.

Sponsored Links
Any suitable water proof wrapping tape should be okay,

What I did with mine was,I cut with sanding knife (hook blade type) down the centre (lenght way) of a overflow pipe and clip it onto the copper pipe.

You will not get any cold feed expansion or contraction of the pipe for the plaster crack unless it's very near the plaster wall finish.

Like the waste pipe idea.
In fact, I can feed it over the pipe before I solder the fitting on the top end (which will be well away rom the plastic pipe) which will avoid necessity of splitting pipe along its length.
Good one, Masona. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back