Plastering over pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a run of copper pipe for hot and cold water that I would like to recess into the wall and plaster over. Do i need to allow for expansion by packing with something such as foam before applying the plaster?

Sponsored Links
Can i plaster over the duct? The pipes need to go behind some wall mounted kitchen cabinets otherwise I'd just use a couple of lengths of chrome.

Sponsored Links
As long as you make sure that any joints on your copper pipe are made before it enters your plasterwork & after it exists, you can be quite sure you will not have any problems with the buried pipework, it`s very rare that a solid pipe will leak, unless it bursts in extreme conditions, it`s all about access, if you make sure you can access any jointwork on the pipes, you won`t have any probs... ;)

stick um in the wall and plaster over them..either put duct tape on them or put them in 21mm overflow pipe....copper joints done properly will be as strong as the rest of the pipe..if not stronger....

JPC said:
stick um in the wall and plaster over them..either put duct tape on them or put them in 21mm overflow pipe....copper joints done properly will be as strong as the rest of the pipe..if not stronger....

also contravenes the waterregs if they're not ducted,.

best way is to use plastic pipe in a flexible conduit

sound s good.....just dont use plastic very much (too easy u see !)

Sorry, missed DIA`S contribution, yeah... it may contravene water regs. but who gives a monkey`s ... live a little...contravene sum bitchin` regulations!!!.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

MOD

steady

traineegasman said:
Sorry, missed DIA`S contribution, yeah... it may contravene water regs. but who gives a monkey`s ... live a little...contravene sum ****` regulations!!!.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

MOD

steady

I do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back