Plastering over woodchip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to plaster over woodchip wall covering on ceilings and walls.
Trying to cut down work.

Sponsored Links
Bodger :rolleyes:

It is possible, if you don't mind it cracking and falling off quite soon and giving you five times as much work as if you'd done it properly in the first place.

It is possible - You should coat the ceiling/walls with a thin downed coat of PVC sealer first then apply the filler, when it is dry give it another coat of PVA.

That said, if you could get the woodchip off it would be better.

:confused: take it off the wall if you want the job doing properly, otherwise the weight of the plaster could pull it all off.

or its thats too hard to do, re-board the walls

Sponsored Links
letiss said:
Trying to cut down work.

should come off ok, never found woodchip was a problem with a steamer, even better if you make cuts with a stanley in areas first.

cielings, :rolleyes: I have a half stripped cieling to finish, not looking forward to it either as it must have been put up with super glue :?: .

Odd Job said:
letiss said:
Trying to cut down work.

Plaster over? Crazy. In places the woodchip might be barely stuck to the wall...the plaster will inevitably come off in the end. It isn't that hard to get off.

Ceilings - board over...

I think I'll just take the stanley to it and go for the steamer approach. Its not worth taking the risk.
Thanks for the advice.
:D

letiss said:
I think I'll just take the stanley to it

:eek: sounds like an attack lol, its possible to scratch what plaster you have underneath so be gentle :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back