plastering speed

I still use the two coat method, but I am doing mostly private work on an hourly rate and the only time I get a bit pushed using two coat method is if the ceiling is quite high and my stilts wont reach and am moving scaffolding around. But thankfully this dont happen that often...I must admit I used the "one mix "method the other day on a small wall where a half bucket of mix was all I needed and I was mixing outside and it was Pi##ing down....

Sponsored Links
i usualy a bit more daring and irresponsible,as i sometimes take the plate off and just carefully press the wires back in lol.
i know its bad, :LOL:

Previously I’d just tape them up & poke em back in but unless you turn off the power, things can get a little fiery if a glob of nice wet plaster gets in there & the water finds it’s way under the tape, as I discovered! I also thought about what might happen if my nice wet, steel trowel managed to act as a conductor, the rubber soft grip on mine has long since disintegrated; now I use the terminal block (with light wired permanently on) & a sandwich bag!

While were on antique kitchens how about this little beauty :LOL: ; an original 1968 Schreiber installed when the house was built & it was also mostly made from proper wood;

DSC00268.jpg

& this for a tastefull bathroom with genuine Crystal tiles, even found a 1/2 box of unused tiles under the bath;

DSC00271.jpg

Pictures were taken just before we bought our latest money pit of a property; both are long gone now & the kitchen units made one hell of a bonfire! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back