Plastering up to Wood ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have done a plywood ceiling in this flat i am renovating. I am soon to start plastering new stud walls and the old walls.

Is there anything i can do to stop the contact i make when i come up near to the ceiling ? My trowel will usually scrape into the ceiling and i will pull down into the wall when working around the area where the wall and ceiling contact.

I wondered if i could put some masking tape on the ceiling to help reduce the contact. Maybe remove the tape fairly soon after polishing up ?

Not sure what else i can do. Or would i need a bucket of clean water and a cloth and just wipe down after the wall has gone off say after 1 1/2h ?

Pic shows what i am doing

Attachments

• IMG_3800.JPG
    IMG_3800.JPG
    413.9 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
Masking tape then duck tape over.
Better quality tape vs cheap unless your removing same day
Don't apply duck tape direct or you will have trouble getting it off.
Duck tape is waterproof unlike masking tape.
Maybe that will work for you. I used this method when wet plaster is against oak or other wood I want to keep dry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back