plastering walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,new to this and wondered if someone could offer some advice.ive just stripped my walls(they're all plasterboard)i dont want to paper them im thinking about plastering them as theyre a bit rough so i can get a smooth finish and then paint them,id like to know how easy it is to do yourself and if anyones got any tips.cheers ...simon

Sponsored Links
you can use the 'one coat' white plaster as you are really only putting a skim on it, there's a few different brands on the market. Make sure all the joints are well taped.
A length of 2 x 1.5 to run down the wall and smooth off any excess plaster is useful and then try and polish it up but unless your used to it, your unlikely to get the finish a professional Plasterer would.
Mind and keep your trowel wet when polishing the plaster to a smooth finish, I'm quite happy with my own attempts but it's mostly patching up or small areas so 'best of luck'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back