plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a plasterer doing work in my house at the momment.i want to have an arch in my doorway is it the plasters job to attach the mesh arch to the door frame or have i got too employ a builder to set it out as he keeps telling me i do.i thought he also should be using the metal angle beads around windows and external corners,he insists that this is not required is this correct.your help is very much appreciated.thank you.trish.

Sponsored Links
The angle beads should be put on by the plasterer, thats part of his job, other wise the corners will just break away if it gets knocked, and regarding the mess arch I would say his job aswell. ps are you sure he's an time served plarster. ?

thanks markie for your reply but i never asked him about his qualifications. :(

Sponsored Links
markie sorry to bother you again but he insisted it was not his job to put the arches on so reluntantly after saying i am a plasterer not a builder he has put them on,
but the arch is wonky on one side and he has finished plastering it .can i ask him to rectify it.should i pay for this to be done.

On older houses there used to use dowling ( like a broom shank which was nail at the corners ) but nower-days it's angle beads.

diytrish said:
markie sorry to bother you again but he insisted it was not his job to put the arches on so reluntantly after saying i am a plasterer not a builder he has put them on,
but the arch is wonky on one side and he has finished plastering it .can i ask him to rectify it.should i pay for this to be done.

I've worked with plasters for 15 years, and ever time they have done that job when it's been needed they have done it.

And at the end of the day your the paying customer, if your not happy then don't pay him, ask him to sort the problem out.

We always use corner beads the guys a cowboy .DO NOT PAY HIM :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back