plastesiser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know if it is spelt correctly, but does it make a big difference to the way that mortar behaves and the way it is handled.

Could I mix it with water in a large container at the correct amount and use it over a week or so, to make my mix of mortar as I will be doing an hour or two after work. Or will it go off.

Sponsored Links
briwire said:
Don't know if it is spelt correctly, NO ;) but does it make a big difference to the way that mortar behaves and the way it is handled.YES ;)

Could I mix it with water in a large container at the correct amount and use it over a week or so, to make my mix of mortar as I will be doing an hour or two after work.YES Or will it go off?- should be ok. ;) .

Sponsored Links
hi , plasticiser creates tiny bubbles in the mortar, it aerates it if u like making it a lot easier to work with, probably more useful to a proffesional who is laying all day, small projects not really an issue.
I think what you mean or need in the mix is retarder, ready mix delivered on site would last all day with this and maybe the next morning if ' knocked up' ie: water added to make usable again although this strictly should'nt be allowed as it weakens the original mix...
You're not gonna be able to mix enough for a week using it daily even with knocking up.......

No, what I will be doing is laying a few bricks each evening after work. I want to have a container of ready mixed water/plasiciser ready for mixing with my sand and cement. I was wondering if I could mix it in a container and it may be a week before I've used it all. Would it have the same properties after a week as it did when first mixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back