Plastic coated oil line

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its time to resite the Oil Tanks at Home
Boiler was serviced today amd have decided to move the 2 Titam tanks to a new Slab at the Side of the house
( Taking into all the Siting Regs )
the New run woould be 25 Metres and my question is should i use
10 MM or 15 MM tube ?
15 mm was mentioned as its less resistance and more flow over a longer distance , was also mentioned that 10mm is available in longer lengths
so no need for any joints in it

So my question is where can i get either size from in Long Lengths
My self and a friend will Lay the slab and run the Pipe in conduit
and the Oil Engineer will commission the tanks and valves / Tiger loop etc

Sponsored Links
pipe available from most merchants. unless over 50m or boiler is over 50kw then 10mm will be fine.

sleeving the pipe is not normally a good idea. it could attract moisture under ground and help it to freeze. best to lay in sand with marker tape over the top about 450mm below ground.

pipe available from most merchants. unless over 50m or boiler is over 50kw then 10mm will be fine.

sleeving the pipe is not normally a good idea. it could attract moisture under ground and help it to freeze. best to lay in sand with marker tape over the top about 450mm below ground.

Boiler is 110,000 BTU and 45 Metres away from Tanks

Sponsored Links
snb said:

If it's kerosene there is no chance of it freezing, aircraft would have a problem if it did. I had it down to -60 C and it hadn't frozen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back