oil pipe run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All we got to price a job i am gas safe but not oil We got to put in a worsceter bocsh 25/32 combi I WILL GET A REGISTERED INSTALLER to hook up and commission but i got to work out the price for the job so my question is

The run form the tank is 28 meters what size pipe would i need is it 10mm or is it like gas , the longer the run the bigger the pipe size

Sponsored Links
10mm pipe is fine
and give more than enough oil.
You can do it in 10mm copper if above ground or
use plastic/copper if going below ground

Cost for a two pipe system flow and return.

The guy we got putting this boiler in has gone on holiday. We are doing the pipe run under ground.and got to get it back filled I picked up 15 mm pipe to make sure it's enough but do I have to have 2 pipes for flow and return. Only it's to short and I want it to be right for the guy.
We have about 50 mm head from tank to boiler and it's 28 m run
Cheers

Sponsored Links
The guy we got putting this boiler in has gone on holiday. We are doing the pipe run under ground.and got to get it back filled I picked up 15 mm pipe to make sure it's enough but do I have to have 2 pipes for flow and return. Only it's to short and I want it to be right for the guy.
Cheers

If the bottom of the Oil tank is higher than the Burner, then you should have no problems.

Just to add, only one pipe is laid from tank to boiler, after that you use a tiger loop to feed boiler with 2 pipes if the tank is below boiler. Get the Guy whos gonna commission it, he will tell you whats needed

If using a tiger loop, 15mm may give you problems, as it relies on suction to pull through from tank. 50mm is not much head over the length of run. Look at ter spec sheet for optimum size.

Cheers

If the bottom of the Oil tank is higher than the Burner, then you should have no problems.

Just to add, only one pipe is laid from tank to boiler, after that you use a tiger loop to feed boiler with 2 pipes if the tank is below boiler. Get the Guy whos gonna commission it, he will tell you whats needed

It is better to have a two pipe oil system. No tiger loop is needed.
10mm pipe should be used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back