Plastic connectors onto brass shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've tried searching but didn't seem to find my question as a thread.

I would have normally got my plumber to fit a shower pump, but he's away for a couple weeks so decided to give it a go myself. I was swapping a dead old salamander pump (18 months old!) Which was plastic, with a new one that's brass, as I'm hoping it'll last longer.

My question is, the Flexi hose connectors from the old one were plastic at the end, and metal on the new one, but the new one was FAR too long, so couldn't get in, are plastic connectors on the brass impeller screw ins ok, or does it have to be metal? (Both salamander and fit perfectly so I have zero leaking at the moment during use or otherwise, I'm thinking more long term)

Photo here for reference in case I'm confusing!

IMG_20220529_070908.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you use fittings that are not supplied as part of the pump, any issues to do with them will not be covered by the warranty.

Will plastic couplers have an issue on brass, they shouldn't, plastic screw ends are used on brass all the time. As long as they are in good condition and the seals are good.

Could always shorten the upstream and downstream pipes to allow the new ones to fit.

Thanks for the reply, helps put my mind at ease that it's not just going to pop off and flood the house. Plastic and seals are all in good condition as far as I could see yep, not old or worn.

As for shortening and upstream and downstream pipes...I couldn't begin to do that!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back