plastic one meter from boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Know plastic need to be a meter from a boiler. But what about hot water cylinders vented or unvented? Is it still a meter?

Sponsored Links
Copper is always the recommended pipe material whatever the situation, but for unvented consult the manufacturer for their guidance

Its not as simple as that , some pipe manufacturers state one distance and some boiler manufacturers state another, I would always go on your own thoughts about 1M but it actually depends on lots of other things like pump overrun OH stat, Hi Limit stat present in said appliance, I got involved with this with a large energy supplier who refused to take systems on their maintenance contract when the PE pipe was connected to the boiler isolation valves, when you start to look into it in depth it is a real minefield, for peace of mind 1M will see you alright

Sponsored Links
what about unvented hot water cylinders do these need a meter of copper too?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back