Plastic or metal edge beading?

Sponsored Links
i think the plastic beads are more durable give the metal ones a knock and they get dented, i staple my beads , but let your plasterer put the beads on

Now I’m the complete opposite to Steve & prefer metal! It’s personal preference really & for this reason, I think you should leave it to your spread to choose, he will have armfuls of the stuff in his truck/van anyway. Similarly, I use a staple gun &/or Grab adhesive to fix but, again, you should leave fixing to your spread.

Apart from removing any wallpaper & washing down, I would go even further & say don’t do any prep work at all unless your chosen spread is happy for you to do so. Personally I’m not as it’s the only way I can guarantee the quality of my work; if I do the prep & it goes wrong it can only be my fault, if you do the prep & it goes wrong, whose fault do you think it’s going to be then ;) !

It sounds like a good way to save a little cash but correct prep is second nature to a decent spread &, TBH, it will make very little difference if any.

Now I’m the complete opposite to Steve & prefer metal! It’s personal preference really & for this reason, I think you should leave it to your spread to choose, he will have armfuls of the stuff in his truck/van anyway. Similarly, I use a staple gun &/or Grab adhesive to fix but, again, you should leave fixing to your spread.

Apart from removing any wallpaper & washing down, I would go even further & say don’t do any prep work at all unless your chosen spread is happy for you to do so. Personally I’m not as it’s the only way I can guarantee the quality of my work; if I do the prep & it goes wrong it can only be my fault, if you do the prep & it goes wrong, whose fault do you think it’s going to be then ;) !

It sounds like a good way to save a little cash but correct prep is second nature to a decent spread &, TBH, it will make very little difference if any.
i use metal as well rich i was just trying to answer his question about the advantages and the disadvantages of the 2, the only thing i could think of was to say about the durablity of the plastic ones

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies ...

I'll leave it to my plasterer then .. thought I would be helping by pre beading!!

Plastic ones are much more expensive.
Uhhmm .. I though those screwfix ones for £2 per 2.5m were not bad value?

Uhhmm .. I though those screwfix ones for £2 per 2.5m were not bad value?

Maybe they are, but I get my 3m galvanised for well under a quid each.

Edit - Actually I just checked and they're just over a quid now. Must be the vat or something.. ; )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back