plastic pipe, connection to boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dont want to get into the whole plastic verses copper debate as i have decided to go mainly down the plastic route with plumbing my whole house.

Question is, presumably i cant connect the plastic straight into the boiler so i was going to run the last metre of so of pipe in copper. Is this right/ok?

Sponsored Links
browfish said:
I dont want to get into the whole plastic verses copper debate as i have decided to go mainly down the plastic route with plumbing my whole house.

Question is, presumably i cant connect the plastic straight into the boiler so i was going to run the last metre of so of pipe in copper. Is this right/ok?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

aye fella last metre :rolleyes: and thats about all its freaking worth :eek:

thanks but not sure what those anwers mean. Is thisw ok but you just arent pro plastic full stop?

Sponsored Links
Few traditional professional plumbers think that plastic is better than copper for heating circuits as its failure characteristics are not as good as copper.

Most boiler manufacturers accept that some people still want to use plastic and allow it if the last metre is in copper.

The boiler is protected to a pressure of 3.5 atmospheres ( if the relief valve is not stuck ). Most plastic fails at a lower pressure than this when its hot !

Wasn't some child killed recently when a plastic pipe burst in a social housing let?

Tony

thanks for that.
I know there is the whole traditional plumber wont accept plastic debate (just stirring) hence i didnt want to drag ths up again.
Just wanted to check what i was planning to do was ok, and it seems it is along the right lines.
thanks

I am sorry, I should not have used the term "traditional" as it gives an old fashioned image! I should have just said "professional".

Let me ask the question:-

Is there any plumber, with a degree, who advocates using plastic tube for heating circuits?

Agile said:
I am sorry, I should not have used the term "traditional" as it gives an old fashioned image! I should have just said "professional".

Is there any plumber, with a degree, who advocates using plastic tube for heating circuits?

Yes :rolleyes:

Wirsbo "Unipipe"

doitall said:
Agile said:

Yes :rolleyes:

Wirsbo "Unipipe"

freaking phillestine ;)

Agile said:
The boiler is protected to a pressure of 3.5 atmospheres ( if the relief valve is not stuck ). Most plastic fails at a lower pressure than this when its hot !
At what pressure does "most" plastic pipe fail when "hot", and at what pressure does the rest of it fail?

Wasn't some child killed recently when a plastic pipe burst in a social housing let?
Do you have any more details about this incident?

I know of one. :evil:

Bit of a David+ Goliath debate going on here :LOL:...............PlumbusAqueous used to do a bit of subbing for the Philistines ........BC 56

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back