Plastic Pipe for CH and HW - Which is best

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am doing some plumbing work at home. I will be adding a new radiator and moving some of the bathroom HW / CW piping.

I don't want to buy 2 different systems for each job, would prefer to buy one to do them both. Which is best? Seems to be a lot of different systems and pipes - eg PEX or Polybutylene. Speedfit or another brand for the connectors?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I tend to use the jd speed fit which is fast and can be umounted and mounted again without a problem and without any extra tools.

Polybutylene pipe is far more flexible and easier to work with.
John Guest standard pipe is the stiffer PEX but they also do a PB version "LayFlat"
My choice would be Hep2o, fittings are slim and secure demountable all pipe is PB and it carries a 50 year warranty.
Some people don't like that you need a tool to demount the fitting but I think it's a positive.
Tenants / customers can't tamper with them
If you do it right first time why would you need to demount it ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back