Difference in plastic piping for water feed and heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just looking at some plastic pipe for hot and cold water feed, also a heating system extension, but not entirely sure what the differences are. Ive just copied these titles from the site. Clearly there is the difference in brand but for a 25m length there is over £10 difference between the highest and lowest.

Pipelife Qual-PB (Polybutylene) Barrier Pipe
Pipelife Qual-Pex Barrier Pipe
JG Speedfit Layflat Polybutylene Pipe
JG Speedfit Speedpex Barrier Pipe Coil

PS. just to add, the reason I'm asking is because the description on the site doesn't really explain the differences.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Go onto the manufacturers websites to read the spec. You want Barrier pipe for your heating system to try and limit the amount of air getting into the system. I would stick to barrier all round, speeedfit is the best brand.

Thanks.
It appears the polybutylene is meant to be more flexible, but then Google throws up a load of things about the dangers of polybutylene pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back