Plastic roofing sheets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build a lean-to shelter down the side of my house to keep motorbikes in. It will be open at one end so I'm not bothered about it being 100% waterproof.
I thought of using plastic roofing sheets but don't know how to seal them to the wall. I don't know what a cavity tray does but from what I can gather I would rather not have to fit one if possible.
Also, is there a recommended pitch for these sheets?
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You dont need a cavity tray for a lean to shelter ;) I THINK :oops: you can go low pitch.15 degrees with the polycarb sheets.look in Wickes :idea: seal with flashband up wall+ make sure you get the correct silicone sealer for polycarb.What bikes ;) we`ve got a few here

also, be aware that with the structure being open ended you leave yourself vulnerable to strong winds.... use plenty of fixings!

I might not even bother with flashing. It will make a mess of your wall, and be extra cost and effort. I bet you don't gey water running down the wall anyway, and you won't care about draughts.

Sponsored Links
What about one of these? Might have to see the bank manager though :!:
HogCabin-ani.gif

I like that, I can load it onto my truck and deal with the locks later.

NigeF I have a 600 bandit and an XR400. My wife now wants her own as the bandit is a bit too tall for her.

noseallYes, I had thought of that, it will be a bit of a wind tunnel when the front door is opened.

JohnDI think I would like to seal it in some way in case I ever decide to convert it into an ordinary shed. Why would flashing make a mess of the wall?

Masona I can't see your pic, only a red cross.

hermes said:
I think I would like to seal it in some way in case I ever decide to convert it into an ordinary shed. Why would flashing make a mess of the wall?

A lot of people use stick-on flashing over plastic panels, will mark the wall badly if/when the shed goes. Even if you use lead into the mortar joints, it will be a job to make good if and when the shed goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back