Plastic sheet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was going to re-roof my garage this summer, replacing the old corrugated bitumen sheets with something better. However, the combination of a dismal summer and an injury have prevented this. Now my garage is leaking more than ever and I need to do something temporarily until next Summer! I have a large heavy duty plastic sheet that will cover the whole roof which I want to secure to the bitumen sheeting so that it stays in place in the Cumbrian weather. Any advice on how I can do this would be appreciated. The roof is pitched in case that matters.

Sponsored Links
Buy a bundle of roofing batons and screw them on through the plastic sheet from top to bottom so the water can drain.

I would agree with catlad on this one! Roof batons are fairly cheap and also easy to screw in. However ensure you have the plastic leading to the gutter to ensure drainage. You could in fact stop the drain working otherwise.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back