plastic tile trim coming loose in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi, we have this tiled area around the shower but the plastic trim is coming away from the tiles. Just concerned about water getting in.

Anyone know if the plastic can be reattached and what what could be used to do it?

Sponsored Links
There's more to worry about than just the plastic trim I'm afraid. Grouting between the tiles looks like it's badly cracked suggesting movement. What is underneath the tiles?

Must admit, I am with "JaimieH" above.

The vertical grout between the tiles is almost not there? and will have been admitting water to attack whatever is behind the tiles.

As for the Plastic Trim? is there a crack in the plastic? I can see [when the image is magnified] a line that may??? be a crack. There is a "fix" for such plastic, but generally the tile grout above the plastic trim has to be in good condition, the repair for the plastic trim is to cut it off, very, very carefully with a sharp Stanley knife and fit bath quarter round trim, bedded in mastic.

it is not possible to undertake any "repair" to the plastic Trim, sorry about that.

Ken.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

That tiled area runs to the toilet so I think it’s done like that to conceal the pipes.

I think the picture makes the crack in the grout look worse than it is, but you’re right that the whole thing is letting in water. I was hoping for a quick fix but looks like it will probably be more complex. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back