plastic to lead soil pipe ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm hoping that someone can help with advice on the following,

I have a leak from where a horizontal run of 110mm plastic soil has been pushed inside an old lead soil pipe and glued.
I've tried sealing it with silicon but it's still leaking a bit (few drips every time basin or wc is emptied).
I bought a rubber clay pipe to plastic pipe connector with 2 jubilee clips but I dont have enough space to fit it.

Can anyone reccomend a decent glue or sealer I could use ?

I was thinking of using Denso tape but someone told me this might react badly with the plastic pipe.

thanks in advance
pete.

Sponsored Links
Hi Pete, if you really do want to go about it this way then you will need to use a material that will set in damp conditions.

I would recommend the use of a two part epoxy called milliput. This dries whilst wet and once set is a permanent fixing.

Its not the greatest approach and not something that i would do for a customer but it would get you out of a hole.

Sponsored Links
strange lead if plastic 110 goes INSIDE it :confused:

strange lead if plastic 110 goes INSIDE it :confused:

The end of the lead pipe is not very "round" and looks like its been flared to accept the plastic soil, then it's been packed with some sort of glue.

I was hoping not to have to disconnect the 2 pipes as it's really awkward to get at (to put it mildly).

thanks
pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back