Plate Heat exchanger leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, today I removed plate heat exvhanger and washed, but when I assemble plate heat exchanger back, there is always powerful water leak form right part(exchanger), even I think screw is secured, any comment about the reason?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Not yet, which kind of grease, the seal is on the back of rail, very difficult to take out

Sponsored Links
Thanks Mate, I am still strugling to get rubber seal out, its on back side of rail......

I assume this is on your Baxi duo Tec.

It looks like a crap design just 2 Inboard screws on the heat exchanger to hold it up against the 4 o rings on each corner.

I'll take your word it's a difficult job, I don't really touch boiler internals.

I tried to repair my old boiler as the o rings were leaking on the heat exchanger, but after spending 2 hours trying to get the pipes out I have up before I broke it completely, ended up getting a new boiler

Thanks Mate! I already got O ring seal out and found some wearout on it, shall purchase new one to replace.

Yes never re-use old seals.

When you reinstall them put some grease around it to help it seal

Hi Mate, I already got new seal and grease in hand, how long need to put grease around the seal,before reinstall back?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back