Please explain ....simply

Did you watch the inspector? I ask because if I were doing an inspection and found a fault on the ring, I would inspect every socket. The answer to this question will tell you whether the floors are likely to need lifting.

I was told (by a Napit examiner) that when doing a periodic inspection, if there was no evidence of previous inspections, no history and such faults were highlighted then the entire installation would have to be thoroughly inspected, every socket every switch every fitting opened for inspection.

If on the other hand there is a good audit trail and initial findings are positive then only a percentage need to be examined, as long as nothing blatant like a break in the continuity of the ring is found.

Sponsored Links
Paul..The Napit examiner is talking out of his back side. If you don't belive me either read up on PIR's or go on a course.

Also, when you are doing a PIR your not fault finding, your inspecting and documenting your findings. You never lift floor boards nor do you electrically dismantle the installation to do the PIR.

Well no he didn't say anything about lifting floorbaords and I wasn't implying that, but he did certainly say that you should open everything when you suspect problems that imply need of a full inspection.

The guest house I was staying in at the time, actually had an inspection and she said that the electrician took every socket front off and so on, I mentioned this to the examiner and that is when he said what I repeated above.

I am not discounting what you have said and would be glad to find out the truth.

Sponsored Links
I can understand what you've been told. Maybe you should start a new thread before Rupert :cry: or Lynda:cool: slaps our wrists for hijacking

+++++++++++++++++++++
You mean you'd rather be smacked by Lynda ":cool: "
than by me " :cry: " ?

Mod Rupert
+++++++++++++++++++++

I'm sure I speak for all concerned in saying 'you're very welcome & good luck' :D

Fingers crossed you won't need to have your floor ripped up. Having said that, it goes with the territory for plumbers & electricians. Stuff is always behind a wall, under a floor, above a ceiling!

Pensdown said:
"Madam Rupert" sounds quite appealing :eek: :LOL:
So does Lynda the Lash.....

+++++++++++++++
these services are not offered.

Please contact your usual supplier.

Mod Rupert
+++++++++++++++

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back