Please help an Idiot (me) Waste Trap for sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I need to put in a trap for a kitchen sink that is being used as a temporary sink prior to major rework. The original sink unit had to be taken out as it was badly damaged by a leak.

I thought this would be simple as its a single sink going out to a drain, however, the pipe through the wall is sloped slightly upwards and is also not straight left to right either.

I purchased a FloPlast Telescopic P Trap from Screwfix thinking that as it was adjustable I would be able to make it fit, its this one https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-telescopic-p-trap-white-40mm/28038, however, I can't make that work as I think I need more adjustment than the part allows however I might just be doing it wrongly.

Here is a photo of what I have done and I would be grateful if someone could let me know what I need to connect the sink to the drain.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You'll need 2 elbows and a couple of small pieces of 40mm pipe.

Put the trap back together. Take a small piece of pipe out from the trap outlet into an elbow down, a small piece of pipe down to the pipe running out of the cabinet and then another elbow back to connect onto it.

You'll need 2 elbows and a couple of small pieces of 40mm pipe.

Put the trap back together. Take a small piece of pipe out from the trap outlet into an elbow down, a small piece of pipe down to the pipe running out of the cabinet and then another elbow back to connect onto it.

Thanks, Rob, is an Elbow one of these //www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-wc11-universal-compression-waste-bend-90-40mm/35203

I have put the trap back together and now it looks like this

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back