Please help, baxi bermuda having a tantrum!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there and thanks for looking!
I have a baxi bermuda 552 back boiler thats started to make a loud banging noise that travels all the way up my house? Its like someones hitting the radiators with a hammer!
To make matters worse, when anyone (gas engineer) comes to look at it, it refuses to do this and its driving me and my neighbour mad? The radiators all work as normal and the water heats up as well but is fiercely, burn your hand of hot!
The gas valve and thermocouple have been replaced as well as a new radiator pump fitted all to no avail. please help.
p.s. my hot waters gravity fed

Sponsored Links
If gas valve has been changed it is an intermitent fault on the boiler stat and is getting far too hot, classic symptons and an easy diagnosis. This should have been first part changed.

cheers mate for speedy reply!
you wouldnt happen to know of the best places or web sites to get this as my plumber seems to think of a number and double it when hes supplying any parts! also any part no.s? sorry for being cheeky and thanks very much again, wish i had found this web site sooner!!

Sponsored Links
Gazno1,
Did replacing boiler stat solve your banging noise problem?
I guess i have the same problem. I have baxi bermuda 552 back boiler with hot water tank and cold water tank in the loft. I am having banging noise may be after 30 mins or so after starting the system and it is a very loud banging noise. then it gradually reduces after an hr or so and calms down. I guess may be when the thermostat is turned off, the noise goes down.

By reading this post, it seems boiler thormo stat is faulty.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

regards

rahul

rshah.

you haven't mentioned boiling hot water.

don't hijack other posts.

Apology. but i was just trying to find solution of my problem and looking through other posts and found this one. so thought may be this is related to my problem.

regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back