PLEASE HELP, boiler ticking over but no heat or hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have an Ariston Eurocombi A23

I have taken apart all of the Diverter Valve and cleared it all out as a first step as advised. The microswitch is activated fine and it all looks good.

The problem is

When we ask for hw or ch the boiler fires up as it should do but then seems to just tick over without any water getting more than luke warm.

However when i turn the summer/winter switch to flue test mode, it cranks up a gear and starts heating up the water to a sufficiently hot temperature, ( the only ways in the morning to get a hot shower or bath )

Also the boiler sometimes does not turn off but stays in this ticking over mode so often several presses of the power button are required before it will come out of this dormant state.

Does anyone know what is causing this ticking over mode ?

Help appreciated

Sponsored Links
boiler fires up and ticks over but does not heat water

only in flue mode can you kick start it to really fire up and heat the water

this happens quite often, but sometimes works fine

ok looks like it's time to call an expert in now then as i can't figure out what it is and it looks like no one else does either.

damn it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back