Boiler making a fast ticking sound?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

My Boiler is making a very fast , very very quiet ticking noise, you have to go right up to boiler to even hear it, about 3 ticks per second.
It does it even when heating and hot water is not running also.

Its a Vokera Riello.

Is it something to worry about? what should be done if anything?

Sponsored Links
Thanks hoping thats all it is. If it is kettling, then will it go away on its own?

Sponsored Links
We had a similar thing years ago when we kept hearing an electronic beeping noise coming from the loft at random times. Turned out to be our holiday alarm clock in one of the suitcases and the low battery warning was going off.

That’s just reminded me of another noise I had to sort out on a car. The customer described it as sounding like a loose wheel nut rattling underneath the hub cap. Turned out to be...a loose wheel nut rattling underneath the hub cap!

I once worked in a house that the couple had renovated, thay had strapped out and sheeted the walls,a few months later they had boxed in a smoke alarm and the battery had got low and was beeping, they didnt want to rip the plasterboard to try and find it, so they were just hoping the battery would eventually give up completely, that would have driven me mad

Haha well it was a big relief to discover that was what it was. But by pure coincidence today I actually heard the exact same sound as the malfunctioning alarm clock and it was coming from the shower. I can not figure out exactly where but coming from around the shower. Also noticed last few days the shower makes a screeching sound when I turn the tap on at a certain point? but it only makes the high pitched screeching nose when shower is running and not when in bath mode. Maybe shower spout or tub faucet?

Any thoughts? Hoping its expansion noise,
Although if it is kettling, then will it go away on its own? or how can I get rid of it?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back