Please help - Brand advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Just wondering what opinions were on the following brands (I know they're all the cheapest on the market and would not expect them to be near the Makita, DeWalt quality):

Ryobi
MacPhersons
SIP
Rexon
Titan

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
i have a bosch 24v circ saw and hammer drill

i also have a dewalt 18v hammer drill jigsaw angle driver cut off tool [115mm angle grinder] and reciprical saw

i also have loads of ryobi 18v as my back up gear i rate it as diy light to medium trade it will tackle 90% percent of what the dewalt will

ryobi stuff is well designed well built very reliable well thought of you dont often hear people moan about ryobi
and the tools are around half the price

the only real downside is the batteries are only avalable as 1.5 1.7 and 2 ah capacity[one plus are 1.7 ah]
but for someone starting up in buisness or on a budget a great option with around 20 tools avalable to fit the battery

I have lots of SIP stuff but before its safe to use, I take it to bits and rebuild it.

Definetely the Ryobi over the other stuff and then Rexon SIP.

keep clear of the Titan brand, cheap chinese made for B&Q.

Harry

Sponsored Links
ziggy1979 said:
Hi All

Ryobi - Very good
MacPhersons - Bobbins B&Q own brand
SIP - Don't know - only know them for compressors
Rexon - Above average cheap tat
Titan - Average cheap tat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back