Please help, broken wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help, any advice would be appreciated. I am decorating my spare bedroom - previously the room has a huge poster pasted to the wall. I decided to strip this off and it is a nightmare - coming off in tiny pieces. Because my house is a new build the walls are just painted plaster boards - when I have stripped the poster off, in places its gone back to the gypsom (my fault, too enthusiastic with the scraper), its totally ruined. I thought about filling the worst bits and then getting some polycell smoothover for damaged walls but I hear it is really useless - any ideas about what I can do (liner paper, skimming etc)?
Thanks
Lottie

Sponsored Links
Naughty girl posting same question in two forums.

Sponsored Links
Depends really how bad it is, but I would recommed cutting out the areas to form square patches and placing new plasterboard into the patches that you have cut - if it is one or two patches a simple covering with a product such as easifil will do to make good, however if there are a number of patches probaly best to have the wall skimmed.

HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back