Stripping walls back to plaster - advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of re-decorating my living room.
My plan is to have one "feature wall" clad in wallpaper.
The rest of the walls stripped back to plaster, then skimmed and painted.
It's my job to strip off all the wallpaper and paint, and go back to plaster. Then the plasterer comes in and does his job, then the painter and decorator.
I've just started my task. The wall has approx 3 layers of wallpaper on it. Underneath that, a layer of paint. This all comes off (relatively) easy. But underneath that, there's a very thin papery layer (looks like it has always been permanently attached to the board), which is a lot trickier. I'm worried about going in with the scraper and damaging the plaster underneath.
What's the best way to get rid of it and get back to plaster?
Please excuse my ignorance on this subject!
Thanks
Alex

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you're down to the plasterboard. Don't go any further or you will ruin the face of the board itself. That's as far as you can go as you presumably have drylined walls. I think you need to get someone to look at what you have done - preferably the plasterer - to advise you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back