Please help.honeywell galaxy2.pyronix deltabell plus wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi and thanks for any help, im no expert but have installed my last 2 alarms without any problems, ive now installed a honeywell galaxy 2-44 into my home and wired up a pyronix deltabell plus.

3 problems i have
1, when i arm it the countdown finishes, 2 chimes to say armed and then the siren goes off outside, keypad showing as set.

2, i can remove the galaxy 2 front panel without any alarm going off

3, i can cut all power to the panel and remove the battery without the siren going off.

im sure i have wired something wrong.
ive got engineer code,master etc etc. and all manuals.

walk test is fine, all test are fine, no tamper faults etc.

thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
if i cut the power it tells me power fail.
if i remove the panels cover it says nothing.
when i set the alarm and the siren goes off it doesnt say anything, the keypad shows as full set until i turn it off

not sure if this is to do with it, engineer mode, 53 outputs 01-bell, ive read somewhere some say for it to be on set others say it should be on bell, mines on bell.but ive had it both ways and same problem

heres how ive wired the bell box

(CP)+12v to (BB)+12v, (CP)0v to (BB)-12v, (CP)T to (BB)T, (CP)Bell to (BB)Bell, (CP)Strobe to (BB)STB, BB link from second T to -12v as per diagramm for bell box.tried this link on and off, no difference.

If you have the siren wired as suggested with the 1002 bell symbol on the PCB wired to the bell trigger, then output 1002 needs to be set as BELL. It sounds like you have it set to 'SET' which is triggering the siren once set.

If you are in engineer mode, then tampers are ignored, so removing the panel lid will not result in any tamper alarm. You need to enter the engineer code and press 'esc' to exit engineering mode for tampers to be monitored.

Sponsored Links
Thanks socdesign, had to go out so couldn't reply last night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back